Oh my goodness! I cannot beleive that we have not been on here to update in so long! Let me just give you the run down of the past couple weeks...
1. We shopped for and bought a 2004 Toyota Sienna. The first week we heard a funny noise and took it into the shop only to discover that it needed new struts($800!). We went back and forth with the dealership that sold us the van and finally agreed on a reimbursement that would cover a few issues they did not disclose. On a side note: We took it to get it fixed last week and it the struts only needed to be tightened so that $800 will now be able to go toward new tires for the winter!!! Praise the LORD!
2. Caedmon started 2nd Grade! We tried to take pictures but he did not want that at ALL! He has said nothing but nice things about his new teacher. He is slowly getting back into the swing of things.
3. Arcadia Students are BACK! We have been very encouraged by the beginning of ACF (Arcadia Christian Fellowship) this semester. We have had lots of activities like going out for ice cream, playing ball or frisbee, and of course having them over for our ever popular "After Party" that we host after the weekly ACF large group meetings. The small group meetings are also off to a good start.
Greg also led a fall retreat to the Poconos over the weekend. Picture of the group above)The focus of the retreat was building community. They were able to share with each other about their spiritual journeys and come up with ways to support each other in their current walks.
4. I (Ashley) finished working last week at the preschool where Abby attends. I cannot say enough good things about my time there. The Lord provided that job when we needed it the most. It was a blessing to work in a Christian environment. Abby will still attend the 1/2 day nursery school class 2 mornings a week.
5. Abigail turned 4! Abby and I made the cake with some PINK icing and LOTS of Barbie sprinkles. Below is a picture of a brithday smooch from her "Bubba".
6. Getting ready for the baby is an on going process. Not much longer! I am offically full term today! Our little boy could make his debut anytime in the next 2-3 weeks! Thanks to very generous friends and family we have everything we need and have not had to buy much at all!
Whew! I am tired just thinking about it all again!