Friday, September 4, 2009

The first ACF and (almost) family emergencies!

Last night was the first ACF large group meeting of the semester followed by the after party in our apartment. We had a good turn out for the first meeting. There were quite a few new faces, which is always exciting. We were also blessed by several people from local churches who brought some yummy snacks!

Now to the almost family emergency....(I KNEW I should have put Caed and Abby to sleep instead of letting them watch a movie!)

About halfway through the after party Caed runs out into the living room with a panicked look on his face telling me to follow him. He said "Abby swallowed a magnetix marble." I run down the hall thinking she is choking. She was breathing fine but very scared... All I could think at that point was...what a great night for a trip to the emergency room!

We called the Dr and she said that since it was small, round and smooth it should pass by itself. Whew! Never a dull moment around here!

Here is a pic of the magnetix piece.

Praying for a swift and painless passing;)

No comments: