Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Increase, Provision, and Abundance

1 month. It has been 1 month since my job with our church ended and I have had "more time" for other things. I have enjoyed my time so much. Last night I went to bed before 10. #winning

(Is it bad manners to hash tag in a blog post?)

This semester has been one characterized by the word increase. First, there has been a huge increase in the numbers of students involved in ACF related activities. We are averaging 60+ most Thursday nights. That does not include students who only come to things other than large group on Thursday. Second,there has been an increase in our financial support! PRAISE THE LORD! Third, the increase includes lay volunteers willing to "do life" with these students. Fourth, and most AMAZINGLY Greg and I both have been given the awesome gift of increased FAITH.

Let me park here for a moment.

Increase. Provision. Abundance.
The Lord has it ALL planned out. He KNEW our numbers were going to grow this semester. He knew Greg and I would never be able to connect personally to over 70 students, so He PROVIDED some great volunteers from local churches. The Lord knew that I would be overwhelmed by trying to balance a part time job, family, home, and ministry responsibilities. So HE prompted in my heart MONTHS ago the need to step away from a job I loved and timed the actual departure date perfectly.

I am sensing a theme here. HE has been so faithful in the "small" and "medium" details of our life and ministry. He has provided far and above what we even dared to dream about when we first began here at AU 6 years ago. ABUNDANCE.

Our impending move (by June of 2013) is never far from my thoughts. If you have no idea what I am talking about you can get all caught up here. In my mind this goes past the "small" and "medium" things mentioned earlier. In my mind this goes into the "exponentially LARGE" category.

BUT

Day by day...need by need...the Lord is providing INCREASE, PROVISION, and ABUNDANCE.

So day by day...need by need...my faith is growing. JUST.SO.GRATEFUL.

Keep on praying with us friends.


No comments: