Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Joy in Suffering

I continue to be amazed at how the Lord works in my life "according to His good purpose" (Phil 2:13) In my own study time I have been studying the fruit of the spirit. This week I am learning about Joy.

One of the concepts I am learning is that Joy is "the supernatural result which flows from the glorious discovery of our Lord and Savior in every circumstance where we wish to find him."

Did you catch the word EVERY?

In prep for my Tuesday night study with the girls (as I like to call them)I have been looking at Acts 16:16-40. This passage describes the beating and imprisonment of Paul and Silas. This is a very familiar passage. I can still remember Sunday school lessons with the flannel board cut outs of Paul and Silas in prison praising the Lord.

Paul and Silas discovered the power of God through difficulty. How encouraging to recognize the strength to stay! Because he did the Jailer and his entire family have their names written in the Lamb's book of life!

Here is a video I am going to show tonight about one woman's story of suffering.



Jer 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Seek and find the Lord...discover Joy.

No comments: