Monday, February 7, 2011

Hardly Time to Breath!



STOP...Take a BREATH with me.

Whew...that felt good. I needed that. As I write this I am listening to a mixture of laughter from the guys having their "Man Night" on one end of the hall and a symphony of coughing coming from Caed and Abby's room at the other end. Just when I think we are in the clear and all healthy, another one bites the dust.

I am so grateful that the Lord meets us where we are.

I just began a new bible study by Priscilla Shirer called "He Speaks to Me". It is just what the the Lord knew I needed this semester. In order to keep up with this crazy pace of life and to bear fruit in this place he has planted us I HAVE to stay connected to that vine and hear from the Lord.

This week something that David wrote in Psalm 131:2 caught my attention.

But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.

Did you catch the words CALMED and QUIETED....where can I get me some of that??
I am so glad David helped us with HOW this calm and quiet can be attained.

Psalm 42:6 (I like how the Aplified Bible puts this one)
O my God, my life is cast down upon me [and I find the burden more than I can bear]; therefore will I [earnestly] remember You...

How did David quiet his soul? By remembering all that the Lord has done.

When was the last time you sat back and just reflected on God's goodness, on the ways He has shown up in your life and worked things out just perfectly?

When I step back and take my eyes off the distractions of every day life and focus on my GREAT and FAITHFUL God...the chaos of my life gets smaller as my God gets bigger.

I am in a season of craziness. It is pretty easy to get overwhelmed and take my eyes off of Jesus and start looking only at the "waves" swelling up around me.
I am thankful for this reminder to stop...and remember.

Psalm 42:5
Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, my Help and my God.



So here I sit...calmed, quieted...and waiting expectantly for Him.

No comments: