Tuesday, July 14, 2009

In the clouds...


Don't you love it when you come across a verse you can't believe you have never heard before? In my study time this morning I read Nahum 1:3. (Who reads Nahum, right?) "The clouds are the dust of His feet..." WOW, did that just hit you between the eyes like it hit me?

Then I read this...
"Clouds are not signs of God's absence, within them we most often find His presence."

Did you catch that? Clouds (our sorrows, or sufferings) are a sign that He is there.

Oswald Chambers says that "through every cloud He (God) brings, He wants us to unlearn something. His purpose in the cloud is to simplify our belief until our relationship to Him is exactly that of a child."

Good stuff... I don't think I will ever look at a cloud the same.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I think I'm gonna like your blog! Just found it. I'm going to create a link on my blog so that I can keep up with your posts. I *love* that verse. Thank you for sharing...